From 30 September 2002, under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001, Scottish Secure tenants and Short Scottish Secure tenants have the right to have small urgent repairs carried out by their landlord within a given timescale. This is called the Right to Repair scheme.
The Right to Repair scheme applies to all tenants of local authorities, housing associations (including tenants who are members of fully mutual co-operative housing associations), and water and sewerage authorities.
The scheme covers certain repairs up to the value of £350. These repairs are known as ‘qualifying’ repairs. Please contact us to discuss whether a repair falls under the terms of this scheme.
If the repair does qualify under the scheme, we will:
- Tell you the maximum time allowed to carry out the repair.
- Tell you the last day of that period.
- Explain your rights under the Right to Repair scheme.
- Give you the name, address and phone number of our usual contractor and at least one other contractor from a list.
- Make arrangements with you to get into your home to carry out the repair.
For more information, please contact our Maintenance Department on 0141 613 2700.