Information on Tenants’ and Residents’ Groups is being updated.
Tenant and Resident Participation
As a community based housing association, we provide all kinds of other services to support local people – such as benefits advice, places for people to hold meetings and community activities. Our staff members are paid professionals, but we are governed by voluntary committee members.
It’s a great way to volunteer in your community and help change it for the better.
Here are some of the benefits of serving on the committee…
• Gain confidence, build a sense of achievement, improve your self-esteem and have a new sense of purpose.
• Develop your understanding, skills and knowledge, add to your CV, and potentially open new career paths.
• Be involved in a stimulating and mutually supportive environment where your views are heard.
• Meet new people, develop friendships and socialise with others with a shared commitment.
• Attend social & networking events, as well as training courses, to build up your skills.
• Open up opportunities to apply to serve on important national/regional bodies in the housing sector.
• Become a part of one of the most important and effective movements for physical and social improvement that has happened in Scotland over the last 40 years.
• Get personal satisfaction from giving something back to the local community whilst making a real difference.
• Broaden your horizons and have fun along the way!
Benefits for you, the Association and the wider community
• You’ll help to raise awareness of the Association’s work both within the local community and beyond.
• The time and energy you commit to the Association will directly contribute to its work in improving the quality of life for tenants and the wider community.
• You can help to ensure good quality housing and services.
• As a voluntary committee member you’ll join hundreds of local people and other volunteers who play such a crucial role in taking forward the work of community controlled housing associations in Scotland
To become a committee member you need to be a member of the Association, please contact the office to request a membership application form. Once your membership is approved, one of our staff can talk you through how to join our management committee.